We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I have been kindly nominated for the Liebster Award 2018 by my sweet friend Kathleen from Sweat Pants & Top Knots.
Don’t forget to check out her awesome blog too, she has some amazing content!
The Liebster Awards are an Australian internet-based initiative dating back to 2011. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetheart, darling, beloved or favourite. It’s a pay it forward concept where bloggers give other bloggers recognition and hopefully a little more exposure.
Liebster Award 2018 Rules
Once nominated a few rules need to be followed if the nomination is accepted. Post a blog on your website including the following information:
• Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog.
• List the Liebster Award 2018 rules in your blog post.
• Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers that inspire you with great content and let them know.
• Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator and provide new creative questions for those you’ve nominated.
• Link to the original Liebster Award 2018 post tagged here.
• Comment on the original Liebster Award 2018 post with a link to your post.
1. What is your favorite holiday you have been on??
That’s tricky! It’s probably a 3-way tie for a couple trips for very different reasons. The last time we went to Disney World was an incredible trip. We called it a redo from the trip before since there was some major family drama going on with the people who joined us on that one. We had a blast! We did Disney our way and loved every second of it. Our Honeymoon in Mexico would also be up at the top. We haven’t been on another trip like it just us…10 years, probably about time! Finally, before getting married, I went to Europe with my college roommate. We stayed in hostiles and totally did it on the cheap. I’d never travel that way again, but I’m so glad we did it while we were young!
2. Are you a summer or winter person?
SUMMER! I hate being cold! Once I’m cold, I can’t get warm again. I don’t enjoy snow, or mountains at all. I’m a summer girl all the way.
3. What is your “go to” genre of music to get you in a happy mood?
I love all music except metal or rap. I have to be able to hear the lyrics and understand what they’re saying! If you pull up my Amazon Music, my playlist is so random. It has everything from Pop to Country, to music from the 60s-90s, and Broadway. I rock out to all of it in the car!
4. What natural wonder would you love to experience?
Ok… to totally contradict myself, I would love to see the Northern Lights. I’d be fully covered in Eskimo gear, but I’d love to see them just once. I’ll probably check off the Great Barrier Reef before that though!
5. Do you have any hobbies?
Other than being a mom and writing? I guess I’m trying to turn my hobby into a living!
6. What stamp do you wish you had in your passport?
So many! Greece and Australia would be at the top!
7. Where do you find your daily inspiration?
My family! My kiddos, husband, and parents. They inspire me every day, keep me grounded, and keep me laughing!
8. If you could change one thing in the world right now what would it be?
Easy, all the hate in the world. There is so much hate over petty reasons. We hate people because we are afraid of differences and it is so sad. We have to learn how to love each other for our differences! They are what make the world so beautiful.
9. What was the inspiration behind your blogs name?
Ha! MissAdventures In Adulting was actually named by my best friend, Bonnye! We were trying to brainstorm good names that had something to do with the fact that I mess up so much, but am always (usually) the first one laughing at myself. Whether it’s burning dinner, hurting myself, getting lost, laughing inappropriately at someone falling or funerals, or watching my intended adventure turn into something else entirely, the bulk of my life has been unplanned misadventures that usually turn into at least a good laugh, and a lot of times something pretty amazing.
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time?
OMG… with a 20-year-old… EEK! What a horrid thought! LOL! Hopefully with a wildly successful blog, finally in a bigger house, hopefully with fewer cats!
11. What’s something you are proud of and want to tell everybody?
That I didn’t burn the house down today? And I lost 5 lbs? Oh, you mean a serious one? I think honestly, not totally freaking out and jumping back to another builder right away when I lost my job this summer. The last few months have brought so much clarity to my life, and I realized that, while the paycheck was nice, the sacrifice for it was not worth it. They tell you it is, and make you think it’s the only way you can make a living for your family and be happy, but in reality, I was missing out on so much life with my family, and friends. I missed so many games, weddings & baby showers, chances for trips, and so many of my kids’ firsts. It may take years to get back to my old income but I’ll never regret getting back time with my loved ones, and I’m really proud I realized that before it was too late; even if it took getting fired for me to see it!
1. What made you get into blogging?
2. If you could only have one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What’s your go-to song if you’re called on to sing karaoke?
4. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure show?
5. If HGTV was going to pay all your expenses, but you had to move somewhere across the world, where would you choose to go?
6. If you could have dinner with one fictional character, and one historical figure, who would you choose and why?
7. What is your favorite book? Why?
8. What’s one piece of unsolicited advice you would give your 20-year-old self today?
9. What is one irrational fear you have?
10. Describe your best day ever.
11. What’s the best blogging tip you’ve ever received?
Congratulations to all Liebster Award 2018 nominees around the world. Initiatives like this are an incredible way to discover new blogs, support each other and pay it forward. Good luck everyone!Follow The Adventure